Equal Housing Opportunity
At Christopherson Properties we believe that our residents deserve to be treated fairly. As an equal opportunity housing provider, Christopherson Properties provides housing opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identifying, physical or mental disability, familial status, ancestry, marital status, recipient of public assistance.
The relationship between a property manager and resident is a business relationship. A courteous and businesslike attitude is required from both parties. The Community reserves the right to refuse rental to anyone who is verbally abusive, swears, disrespectful, threatening, under the influence, argumentative, or in general displays an attitude at the time of the unit showing and application process that causes the Community to believe it would not have a positive business relationship.
- The Security Deposit is equal to the first month’s rent. Applications may be approved with certain conditions that could result in a higher deposit (excluding Minneapolis applicants) and/or an approved guarantor (guarantors are only offered to those with student status or are Minneapolis applicants), provided all other criteria have been met.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 per adult payable by credit/debit card. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age or provide proof of emancipation.
- Applications are completed through a secured link provided by Rental History Reposits. Rental History Reports, Inc, a third-party screening company performs all application processing. They can be reached at: 888-389-4023.
Income and Employment:
- Income Required: Gross Income from all sources must total at least 2.5 times the amount of the monthly rent (combined if more than 1 applicant).Applicants who are active students with adjusted gross income less than 2.5 times the rent amount will require an approved guarantor, provided all other criteria are met.
- Verification: There must be a minimum of one year’s verified employment income history. All employment positions held within the past year need to be verified with a first and last paystub, employment letter with authentication, or W2. Self-employed applicants must provide last year’s tax records and the most recent month’s banking statements. Self-employed applicants must be established with a minimum of 12 months history. Other sources of income including government assistance, child support, or others will be considered subject to verification. Applicants without an employment history may be approved with an increased deposit (or guarantor for Minneapolis applicants), provided all other criteria are met. Recent graduates without employment history may be approved with student status verification.
- A credit score of a minimum of 575 is required for application approval. If a lower score is present due to medical bills or student loan arrearages, applications may still be approved. Accounts with current delinquencies totaling more than $300.00 will be grounds for denial. Applicants without a credit history will be considered if a one-year banking history is present or additional security deposit.
- Any open collections or judgments for past due housing or utility payments are grounds for denial.
- Minneapolis applicants must not have bankruptcies, repossession, or judgements totaling more than $300.00.
- A two-year housing history is required for all applicants.All places of residence must be verified by the property owner or manager/management company. If a rental history exists, a positive rental record is required for approval. Inability to obtain a rental reference from a current or previous landlord may be grounds for denial.
- A negative rental reference or a history of lease violations or broken lease terms (i.e. – late payments, NSF checks, noise complaints, skips, or negative reference) may disqualify from rental acceptance.
- If a housing history is not available due to being new to the country, immigration entry verification will be required.
- Failure to disclose an address of record within the past two years may be grounds for denial.
- Evictions or Unlawful Detainers filed within the past 5 years will be grounds for denial. Minneapolis applicants with an Unlawful Detainer or Eviction judgement within the past three years will be grounds for denial.
Criminal/Public Record History:
- A criminal background check will be performed on all applicants.
- Applicants who appear on the Dru Sjodin Sex Offender Registry or the OFAC Global Terrorist Watch List will be disqualified.
- Open criminal cases will disqualify applicant until final resolution is determined.
- Applicants with 3 or more criminal convictions in the past 2 years; regardless of type or level will be disqualified.
- Types of Crimes. Subject to the foregoing, one (1) conviction or more for any of the following criminal offenses will be grounds for disqualification based upon the number of years since the date of conviction of the crime:
|Felony / Gross Misd
|(# of yrs.)
|(# of yrs.)
|Offenses against Property
|Offenses against Animals
|Offenses against Persons
|Offenses involving Fraud
|Offenses involving Computers
|Offenses involving Family Relations
|Offenses against Government Officials
|Offenses against Public Peace
|Offenses involving Gambling
|Offenses involving Weapons
|Offenses involving Organized Crime
|Offenses involving Drugs
|Offenses involving Sex
|Offenses involving Alcohol or Vehicles
- Minneapolis applicants will be processed in adherence to city ordinances.Criteria available upon request.
- Management limits the number of people that may live in the unit as part of Management’s efforts to promote clean, quiet, comfortable living, and to minimize wear and tear, pressure on parking, and use of building facilities and amenities.
- Efficiency/Studio: Maximum of 2 people.
- 1 Bedroom: Maximum of 3 people (no more than 3 adults)
- 2 Bedroom: Maximum of 4 people (no more than 2 adults)
- 3 Bedroom: Maximum of 6 people (no more than 3 adults)